McKenna & Scott & Pinelands Athletics Club 2018 Fun Run Sunday 5 August
WPA Winter Team Challenge 2018 with McKenna&Scott / Pinelands Athletic Club
- 10 km Road Race and 5 km Fun Run/Walk
- Sunday, 5 August 2018
- 10km run: 07h30 • 5km start: 07h45
- Entry fees: Licensed R50. Unlicensed R85.
- Juniors R30. Unlicensed R50. Fun Run R25.
Please Note: Online entries open on Tuesday, 31 July 2018 at www.topevents.co.za until 12am.
- Medals to the first 2000 – 10km finishers and medals to the first 40 – 5km finishers
- Lots of lucky draw prizes
- Pre-entries and registration for online entrants will be taken at Sportsman’s Warehouse Rondebosch on Saturday 4 August 2018 from 10 am to 3pm
- Entry and registration for online entrants can be done at the Pinelands Clubhouse on Saturday 4 August 2018 from 4pm – 6pm as well as on Sunday 5 August 2018 between 6am and 7:30am
- The race is run according to the rules of IAAF, ASA and WPA
Lower Oval (Off Forest Drive) GPS coordinates 33° 56’ 25.131” S 18° 29’ 59.693” E
Prize Money Men & Women – 10Kms
- 14-19 – 1st R400 / 2nd R300 / 3rd R150
- Open – 1st R750 / 2nd R550 / 3rd R350
- 40-49 – 1st R400 / 2nd R300 / 3rd R150
- 50-59 – 1st R400 / 2nd R300 / 3rd R150
- 60-69 – 1st R400 / 2nd R300 / 3rd R150-
- 70+ – 1st R400 / 2nd R300 / 3rd R150
- Open Teams (Men & Women) (4 X R200) 1st R800
- Enquiries – Dion Stevens 082 730 8320.
- Enter on race day between 06h00 add 07h30.
- Race starts and finishes at Pinelands Athletic Club, Lower Oval, Pinelands.
- Tog bag security will be provided at runners own risk.
- Manual entry fee is R50.00 and R30.00 for juniors for 10km. R25.00 for 5km Fun Run.
- Online entry fee is R57.00 and R34.20 for juniors for 10km. R28.50 for 5km Fun Run.
- Online entries at www.topevents.co.za until 12am on Tuesday 21 July 2018.
- Fun Run: Participants younger than 10 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- Social Walkers are welcome to enter the 10km run. Walkers to start at the back and to keep to the side of the road.
- Results will be sent to all clubs.
RACE RULES: 10km Run and Walk
- The race is run according to the rules of ASA and WPA.
- Runners must obey traffic officers, race marshals and race officials at all times.
- Participants must be 14 years of age or older on race day.
- No personal seconding permitted except at official refreshment stations.
- The time limit is 120 minutes. Cut off 09h30.
- Licensed runners should run in club colours and a license valid for 2018 must be worn on the front and back of the vest or purchase a temporary licence to be worn on the front of the vest. Temporary licenses will be available at registration. When registering, participants must complete and hand in the tear-off strip from the number in order to be eligible to compete.
- Temporary licensed runners to wear plain clothing, no advertising.
- No race numbers will be issued.
- The use of music players with headphones is not allowed and may result in disqualification.
- Entry cards must be carried throughout the race and handed in at the finish.
- Do not litter. Dispose of sachets and cups responsibly by using the boxes provided or carrying them to the finish. Report offenders to the referees. #RunClean
- Water and Coke will be available along the route and at the finish.
- Entrants participate at their own risk.
- Price giving will be soon after 09h15.
- Participants take part at their own risk and the organisers, sponsors and WPA will not be held responsible for any accident or injury resulting from the athletes participation.
- Detailed rules are available on www.wpa.org.za or on request from the organisers or the WPA office.
- Wheelchair athletes must please contact the organises timeously to discuss arrangements for their participation.
- Eats and refreshments will be on sale.
- R2 of each entry fee will be donated to the Red Cross Children’s Hospital.
- In addition to Overall (Open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of their vest. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior.
- Temporary licensed participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and provide proof of age.
- Juniors born in 1999 or later, must display age tags “J” to qualify for age group prizes. Juniors will count towards open team prizes.
- Licenses valid for 2018 must be worn on front and back of vest and club colours must be worn to qualify for team prizes.